Associate Professor of Clinical Orthopaedics, Tulane University School of Medicine
Director, Spine Program, Tulane University School of Medicine
Adult Spine Surgery
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Northeast Louisiana University, Monroe, Louisiana, US, Bachelor of Science - Pre-Dentistry, 1979
Louisiana State University, School of Dentistry, New Orleans, Louisiana, US, D.D.S., 1983
Louisiana State University, School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, US, M.D., 1988
Orthopaedic Surgery Resident, Department of Orthopaedics, Louisiana State University, New Orleans, Louisiana, US, 1989 – 1993
Orthopaedic Spine Fellowship, University Hospitals of Cleveland, MetroHealth Medical Center and Veterans Administration Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio, US, 1993 - 1994
· Collaborating Faculty Member, NeuroControl Corporation and Case Western Reserve University, 2000.
· Acorda Award, Acorda Therapeutics of Hawthorne, New York for “Clinical Performance of a Surgically Implanted Neuroprosthesis for Exercise, Standing, Transfers, and Upright Mobility”, 2000.
· Outstanding Orthopaedic Intern Award, 1988 – 1989.
· Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity, 1984 – 1988.
· Oral Pathology Award from American Academy of Oral Pathology; Student Government 1979 - 1983; Vice President 1982 - 1983; Social Chairman 1979-1980; Intramural Sports Coordinator 1982 – 1983.
· President, Omicron Delta Kappa National Honor Society 1978-1979; Motor Board Honor Society; Alpha Epsilon Delta; Master of Ceremonies for N.L.U. Annual Scholarship Banquet; Senator, College of Pharmacy, Student Government 1977-1978, 1978-1979.
· JS Roh, AL Teng, JU Yoo, J Davis, C Furey, HH Bohlman. Degenerative Disorders of the Lumbar and Cervical Spine, Clinical Orthopaedics of North America, 36(3):255-262, July 2005.
· JP Uhlir, RJ Triolo, JA Davis, Jr., and C Bieri. Performance of Epimysial Stimulating Electrodes in the Lower Extremities of Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury, 12(2):279-287, June 2004.
· S Agarwal, RJ Triolo, R Kobetic, M Miller, C Bieri, S Kukke, L Rohde, JA Davis, Jr. Long-term user perceptions of an implanted neuroprosthesis for exercise, standing, and transfers after spinal cord injury. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, 40(3):241-252, May-June 2003.
· J. Uhlir, R.J. Triolo, S. Kukke, C. Bieri, J.A. Davis. Performance of Epimysial Stimulating Electrodes in the Lower Extremities of Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering , submitted June 2002 for publication. \
· Agarwal S, Triolo RJ, Kobetic R, Miller M, Bieri C, Kukke S, Rhode L, Davis JA Jr. Long Term User Perceptions of an Implanted Neuroprosthesis for Exercise, Standing and Transfers after Spinal Cord Injury. Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development.