||Dr. Buddy Savoie is a Louisiana native and a graduate of the Louisiana State University School of Medicine. Dr. Savoie completed his Orthopaedic surgery residency in 1987 at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. He completed a fellowship in arthroscopy with the late Dr. Richard Caspari, Dr. John Meyer, and Dr. Terry Whipple in Richmond, Virginia. He also completed an A-O International fellowship in Basel, Switzerland. Additionally, Dr. Savoie completed a hand and microvascular fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin and the Mayo Clinic. He is known throughout the United Sates and overseas as an accomplished author and teacher. Dr. Savoie is board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and he comes to Tulane from Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Jackson where he has been a great clinician, surgeon, and educator. He is the new Chief of the Section of Sports Medicine at Tulane. He has special interests in shoulder, elbow, and wrist surgery. |
Professor of Clinical Orthopaedics, Tulane University School of Medicine
Chief of Sports Medicine, Tulane University School of Medicine
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US, B.S. – Biochemistry, 1978
Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, US, M.D., 1982
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi, US, 1982-1983
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi, US, 1983-1987
· AO Fellowship with Dr. F. Harder, Basel, Switzerland, 1986
· Hand and Microvascular Fellowship with Dr. John Gould, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, US, 1987
· Arthroscopy Fellowship with Drs. Richard Caspari, John Meyer, and Terry Whipple, Orthopaedic Research of Virginia with Tuckahoe Orthopaedic Associates, Richmond, Virginia, US, 1988
Sports Medicine; shoulder, elbow and wrist surgery
· Beckett Howorth Award - Best resident paper, 1984 and 1986
· Southern Orthopaedic Association - Best paper, Trauma Category
· National Resident's Conference, Richards Medical Company - Best paper, Trauma Category, 1984
· American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Annual Meeting - Charles Neer Award, 1992
· Argo D, Trenhaile SW, Savoie FH, et al. Operative Treatment of Ulnar Collateral Ligament Insufficiency of the Elbow in Female Athletes. American Journal of Sports Medicine Volume 34, No. 3, 2006: 431-437.
· Levine JW, Field LD, Savoie FH. Arthroscopic Management of Osteochondritis Dissecans of the Elbow. Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine Volume 14, No. 2, 2006: 60-66.
· Savoie FH, Field LD, Ramsey JR. Posterolateral Rotatory Instability of the Elbow: Diagnosis and Management. Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine Volume 14, No. 2, 2006: 81-85.
· Field LD, Savoie FH. Guest Editors of Management of Elbow and Wrist Problems in Athletes in Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine, Volume 14, No. 2, 2006.
· Szabo SJ, Savoie FH, Field LD, et al. Tendinosis of the extensor carpi radialis brevis: an evaluation of three methods of operative treatment. J Shoulder Elbow Surgery, Volume 15, No. 6, 2006: 721-727.
For more publications, please see the PubMed listing